Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Hold Insurer to Ac for Denying Claims

One of the youngest lawyers to ever receive the coveted AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, Rick Jaklitsch has won that award 22 years in a row, consistently putting him in the top 1 percent of lawyers the country. A personal injury lawyer based in Maryland, Rick Jaklitsch offers legal advice and representation to clients refused by insurance companies after a car accident.

As a driver who has accident cover and pays his or her premiums dutifully, you are entitled to receive full coverage after an accident. However, some insurance companies are not honest in their dealings with clients. They may deny your claims or delay them unnecessarily. They may justify these with paperwork errors or do so because of bad management. Either way, you have a right to the coverage agreed upon in your insurance contract.

Your insurance contract may provide full coverage for all costs and repairs involved in a car accident. You could also have uninsured and underinsured cover entitling you to compensation in an accident where the other driver is at fault but has no cover or insufficient cover. The maximum amount of cover you qualify for depends on the plan you chose. However, insurers should meet their obligation in case of an accident where you do qualify for compensation.

An additional claim that Maryland drivers can make is diminished value claims for the reduced value of their cars after an accident. This is available to drivers who are not at fault for accidents. If, after an accident, your insurance company treats you unfairly, refusing to honor its end of the insurance contract, you can sue it in bad faith tort claim or for contract violation. Consult a personal injury attorney for guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment